We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again - Framework’s Outtakes feature is one of our favorite things the photo team puts together.
The latest edition comes from photographer Jay L. Clendenin, who picked through his countless recent shots to pick out those that didn’t quite make the cut, but found a place in his heart regardless.
Several of the photos are seen above, and the rest, along with Jay’s commentary, are over at Framework.
Photos: Jay L. Clendenin / Los Angeles Times
Hidden Jokes | Foreshadowing of Buster losing his hand
- S1E18 - Michael appeared in the school play The Trial of Captain Hook. Later in the episode Fakin’ It from season 3, Lucille refers to Buster as “Captain Hook.”
- S1E20 - “This party is going to be off the hook.”
- S2E1 - When Lucille is watching the news, you can hear John Beard mentioning a surprise seal attack and then saying “meet one surprised bather, coming up.” The camera immediately moves to show Buster.
- S2E3 - Buster arrives to Lupe’s house, sees the hand chair, and says “wow, i never thought I’d miss a hand so much.”
- S2E6 - Buster is playing the claw machine and gets a toy seal. Later when he’s returning home, the narrator mentions that “Buster had gotten hooked playing” that game.
- S2E11 - Lucille, Oscar and Buster and in the beach, and when they’re talking, the seal is seen in the background. Later, George Sr. says about Buster “what if i never get a chance to reach out and touch that hand of his again?” And of course, the bench that shows “arm off.”
- S2E12 - When George Sr is at the car dealership, if you take a look at the inflatable doll/man in the back, you can see that it’s missing an arm. Also, when Gob is releasing the seal back into the wild, he says “you’re not going to be hand-fed anymore.”
I’ve compiled a list of quotes and I will entitle that list Gerard Way: Professional Adult Idiot Baby
- “Hey, girls, you’re beautiful. Don’t look at those stupid magazines with sticklike models.”
- “I wanted this short white hair so I would look like this character, who I pictured as someone who…
does anyone remember law4kids
like this kids’ website that had these shitty webcomics and animations telling them all about DA LAW
i mean this shit was hilarious even by itself
BUT THEN PEOPLE STARTED MAKING PARODIES
AND THEY JUST KEPT COMING
98 year old dobri dobrev, a man who lost his hearing in the second world war, walks 10 kilometers from his village in his homemade clothes and leather shoes to the city of sofia, where he spends the day begging for money.
though a well known fixture around several of the city’s chruches, known for his prostrations of thanks to all donors, it was only recently discovered that he has donated every penny he has collected — over 40,000 euros — towards the restoration of decaying bulgarian monasteries and churches and the utility bills of orphanages, living instead off his monthly state pension of 80 euros.
there’s still good in this world